Thank you for your support of K-State Athletics! I continue to be astounded by the generosity of the K-State family, and your commitment to helping achieve the Vision of A Model Intercollegiate Athletics Program.
A model intercollegiate athletics program can signify many things but we have five core measures that we use here at K-State to define a model program:
- A world-class student-athlete experience.
- Value to our University, community and state.
- Integrity and transparency in relation to ethics, finance and NCAA compliance.
- Championship-level athletic performances.
- The best fan experience in the Big 12 Conference.
Overall, when people are talking about intercollegiate athletics and the programs in the nation that do it right, K-State should and can be one of those model programs.
From facility improvements to enhancing travel and recruiting budgets for all 16 K-State programs, we are as committed as you to ensuring that we continue to strive for championship performances in the classroom and in competition.
This is all possible due to your continued support of K-State Athletics and the Ahearn Fund. Your gifts and record ticket purchases comprise the largest source of revenue for the athletics department and the unrestricted dollars given by members of the Ahearn Fund are the life-blood of K-State Athletics.
We look forward to another successful athletics season, and with your support, continue achieving our goal of providing A World-Class Student-Athlete Experience.
K-State Board of Directors
- TBD, Director of Athletics
- April Mason, Senior Vice President and Provost
- Pat Bosco, Vice President of Student Life/Dean of Students
- Cindy Bontrager, Vice President for Administration and Finance/Secretary-Treasurer/Vice-Chairman
- Be Stoney, Faculty Athletic Representative
- Jackie Hartman, Director of Community Relations
President's Advisory Committee
The President's Advisory Committee on Athletics is a 16-member committee that provides advice and recommendations on athletics matters to the Athletics Board and to the President. The committee is comprised of the Director of Athletics, Senior Woman Administrator, four full-time members of the Kansas State University faculty, two K-State Alumni representatives, four full-time members of the student body, three Alumni Board members and one Kansas State University Foundation member.
- TBD, Director of Athletics
- Jill Shields, Senior Associate Athletics Director/Senior Woman Administrator
- Kenneth Hughey, Special Education & Counseling
- Daniel Ireton, Hale Library
- Julia Keen, Architectural Engineering & Construction
- Jennifer Vellenga, Music, Theatre & Dance
- Tina Glover [Mission Viejo, Calif.]
- Mary Ice [Westlake, Texas]
- Brian Rohleder [Wichita, Kan.]
- Alyx Treasure [Prince George, B.C.]
- Andrew Hurtig
- Hunter Post
Alumni Board Representative
- Mel Kopf [Topeka, Kan.]
- Barry Robinson [Manhattan, Kan.]
- Dan Yunk [Manhattan, Kan.]
- Gib Compton [Wichita, Kan.]